The Commercial Plumber is responsible for installing, repairing & maintaining pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing used for water distribution and waste water disposal in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. The Plumber reads blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems, water supply networks, and waste & drainage systems. Plumbers work in cooperation with other laborers and trades to ensure that all specifications and policies are met, and also to ensure the efficient completion of any project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Review building plans & specifications to determine the layout for plumbing and related materials.
2. Identify required tools and special equipment.
3. Select the size and type of pipe required for the job.
4. Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures.
5. Assemble and install valves and fittings.
6. Install, repair, and maintain water treatment equipment, piping and controls.
7. Install, repair and maintain underground storm sanitary and water piping systems.
8. Install, repair and maintain plumbing fixtures, appliances, and trim.
9. Test pipe systems and fixtures for leaks.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Perform scheduled maintenance service on plumbing systems and fixtures.
2. Apply all codes to installations, repairs and maintenance.
3. Ensure all requirements as specified by the manufacturer of systems and fixtures are met.
4. Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported, and graded.
5. Ensure all installations, repairs, and maintenance meets the requirements of the appropriate codes and authorities having jurisdiction.
6. Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet environmental protection requirements.
7. Occasionally required to prepare budgets.
8. Prepare orders of supplies.
9. Schedule work in cooperation with other trades and suppliers.
10. Administrative skills, including filling out time cards, vehicle reports, receipts, work orders, and all other paperwork in a timely fashion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Required Education and Experience
3. Education Required: High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
4. Valid Journeyman Plumber License required.
5. Experience in the plumbing field a plus.
6. Honest and trustworthy.
8. Possess cultural sensitivity and awareness.
10. Demonstrate sound work ethics.